Friday, September 14, 2012

Hello everyone!

My name is Valerie Babek. I am currently a junior at Cal State University San Marcos. This is my first semester here at this University. I am majoring in liberal studies, and I am in an integrated credential program so that I can get my teaching credentials at the same time.

I have always wanted to teach elementary school. I would ideally love to teach third grade someday. I want to become a role model to my students and make a difference in their lives. I want to develop a relationship of trust with each of my students and really be able to connect with them. I will be an extremely happy individual once I get a teaching job someday.

I use technology daily, whether it be my phone or my computer, but I am definitely not someone who needs to depend on technology to get by. Technology has gotten so advanced today, and there is so much we can do on computers. It really is great to use computers to help with homework, writing essays, or looking up information. I enjoy using technology to keep in contact with people through emails and through websites like Facebook.

Overtime I have done many observing and volunteering experiences in elementary schools. Over the last few years I have helped out at two different elementary schools and in three different grades levels. I have volunteered in kindergarten, third grade, and fifth grade. These experiences have been very exciting for me because I have been able to be hands on in the profession I want someday. 

I am very excited to be taking this class and to learn new technology skills that I can use when I become a teacher. 

Valerie Babek

1 comment:

  1. Hi Valerie! Welcome to CSUSM; I am sure you are going to enjoy your time here! Where are you a transfer from? I wish I had known about that integrated credential program here earlier on, I think its a great option! What about teaching do you think interests you? And what about third grade specifically? I use technology daily as well, via my phone, laptop, and my Facebook account. Although I am a Kinesiology major with an emphasis in Physical Education, I too have spent a great deal of tie observing in various classrooms within Escondido and San Marcos. Good luck with the rest of your time here!

    ReplyDelete