Friday, November 9, 2012

Digital Storytelling


The article I read was Digital Storytelling in Language Arts, by Glen Bull and Sara Kajder. This article explains what digital storytelling is and helps readers understand each step of digital storytelling. There is also a list of classroom strategies that can be used for students to follow and be able to stay on task. 

I feel that this article is very important because it fully explains digital storytelling, which is good for someone who has no previous knowledge of this subject. As a teacher, this article would be good to read because it gives guidelines of how to approach lessons. I had very little knowledge about digital storytelling before I read this article, and I learned many new things about digital storytelling that I did not know about before. I would like to see how this digital storytelling is applied to an actual lesson that is being taught. 

This article taught me some strategies of digital storytelling that I can use in my future classroom someday. It seems to make for great lesson plans, and I like how the steps for the lessons are thoroughly explained. Technology is something that students should be introduced to in today's society. Using digital storytelling is a good lesson that could get students involved in using technology.



Bull, G., & Kajder, S. (n.d.). Digital storyteller. Retrieved from http://www.digitalstoryteller.org/docs/languagearts.htm

2 comments:

  1. Valerie, good post. I read the same article, and you made points I did not. Like you I had no idea about digital storytelling until these readings. So, like you I appreciate it when an article like this provides a realistic checklist that can help me, and students get started on a new effort. I also thought the author's explanations for having a dramatic question, emotional content, and economy was very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, I read the same article as you and feel as if we took the same concepts away.I agree with you that technology is something that needs to be introduced to students in the classroom. How do you plan on using digital storytelling in your future? Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete